How to use rekordbox with Beatport Streaming
How to use rekordbox with Beatport StreamingApril 3, 2023
rekordbox is the widely used DJ software from Pioneer DJ equipment. It allows you to manage your music locally and in the cloud, supports up to 4 deck mixing, and has a suite of built-in FX and comes with analysis features such as key, bpm, vocal position and phrase detection. It’s the perfect software to use with compatible Pioneer DJ gear, a full list of which can be found here.
Integrating Beatport Streaming with rekordbox is really quick and easy and gives you access to your locally stored music alongside the full Beatport catalog. This includes all your playlists created in Beatport DJ, the Beatport store and mobile app, as well as ready made playlists and charts.
Beatport Streaming works with any rekordbox version from 6.0.1 and later and you will need a rekordbox dj license. This will allow you to access the performance key features and let you perform with compatible Pioneer DJ gear. For more information on rekordbox plans available, click here.
From version 6.7.3 onwards, DJs that have a rekordbox Creative or Professional plan can save their metadata such as cue points and waveform analysis to the cloud using CloudDirectPlay. They can then access this data within the CDJ-3000 integration on their Beatport Streaming tracks. For those using the CDJ-3000s without a rekordbox Creative or Professional plan, metadata is automatically stored locally on the USB or SD card they are using to authenticate their Beatport Streaming account.
Here are a few tips for getting started with Beatport Streaming and rekordbox:
1. Open rekordbox.
2. To DJ using Beatport Streaming make sure you are in “Performance Mode” by clicking the mode menu in the top left corner, next to the rekordbox icon.
3. Or to organise and manage your music using rekordbox, select “Export Mode” (available in version 6.7.3 onwards).
4. Go to rekordbox “Preferences” by clicking the cogwheel in the top right corner.
5. In the layout section, make sure “Beatport” is checked.
6. Close the “Preferences” window.
7. Locate “Beatport” in the library browser on the left side and select “Log in”.
8. Log in to your Beatport account via the pop up browser.
9. Sign in with your Beatport account or activate your free trial. A new browser will open.
10. After login, return to rekordbox.
11. rekordbox will show you a “library loading” notification. You’re now connected!
1. Click the Beatport directory in the left browser of rekordbox.
2. Use the search bar on the right side of rekordbox to search for any track title or artist in the Beatport catalog.
3. You can load any of the results into a deck for instant playback.
4. Click the down-arrow next to the Beatport directory to expand the curated charts, playlists, genres, and offline library.
5. That’s it! You’re ready to rock.
Beatport has created hundreds of custom playlists for you to DJ with. Load any of our playlists into your rekordbox with these simple steps:
1. Go to dj.beatport.com and log in.
2. Go to the Playlists page and click “Save Playlist” on any playlist you would like to add.
3. Go back to rekordbox and refresh the Beatport directory.
4. The playlist will appear in your browser under Beatport > Playlists.
5. You can add or remove any tracks from this playlist from the “My Library > Playlists” section of Beatport.com.
It’s easy to create and update your own custom playlists. Follow these steps to get started:
1. Login to Beatport.com.
2. Find a track that you would like to start your playlist with and click the down arrow next to the price.
3. Click “Create a playlist” to start a new playlist, or “Add to playlist” to add to an existing playlist.
4. For new playlists, enter a name and click “Save”.
5. If adding to an existing playlist, check the box next to each playlist that you want the track added to.
6. You can view your playlists by clicking the “My Library” icon in the top bar, next to your cart.
7. From here, you can edit your playlists by changing their names, or by adding or removing tracks.
8. Once you’ve built your playlist, go back to rekordbox.
9. Refresh the “Beatport” directory within the rekordbox browser and your playlist will appear.
Offline locker storage is available for Professional subscribers only.
Beatport Streaming is the only streaming service that allows DJs to store music offline for playback without an internet connection. To add tracks to your offline library, follow these simple steps:
1. In rekordbox, expand the Beatport directory in the left browser.
2. Find a track by using the search bar, or select from the categories within the Beatport directory.
3. Right-click on the track you would like to use offline, and click “Store Offline”.
4. The track will now appear in the “Offline Library” folder.
5. You can store multiple tracks offline at once by batch-selecting them and following the same steps.
6. You can now play any track in this folder, even without an internet connection!