How to Access Beatport Streaming Directly from Engine DJ Hardware
How to Access Beatport Streaming Directly from Engine DJ HardwareJune 6, 2023
On Engine DJ — powered hardware from Denon DJ & Numark — you can connect directly to Beatport Streaming, browse your personal collection, check the charts, explore curated content, search, and even preview tracks all without a computer. Connect a local source drive to save performance data (hot cues, loops, beat grid, etc.) and instantly recall on your next session.
For a full list of compatible hardware check here.
In most cases, Beatport Streaming is immediately available from start-up. To access, simply tap the Source icon in the upper left of the touch display and select it from the Streaming Services group. If Beatport Streaming is not listed in the Steaming Services group, the steps below will help you enable the service.
1. Update your Engine DJ device to the latest Engine DJ software.
2. Connect to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
3. Open the Control Center:
4. Hold the VIEW button for 2 seconds.
5. Swipe down from the top of the screen.
6. Tap Settings > Services > Beatport
7. Toggle the switch to the right “On” position.
8. Close the Control Center:
9. Press the VIEW button.
10. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
11. From Browse Mode, tap the Source icon.
12. Select “Beatport” from the Source list.
13. Enter your details and then tap “LOG IN”.
1. Click the “Search icon” (magnifying glass located on the right of the screen).
2. Enter your search query.
3. You can load any of the results into either deck.
Beatport has created thousands of custom playlists for you to DJ with. Load any of our playlists into Engine DJ with these simple steps.
1. Go to dj.beatport.com and log in.
2. Go to the Playlists page and click “Save Playlist” on any playlist you would like to add.
3. When you load Engine OS, your saved playlists will appear in the Beatport directory under “My Playlists”.
4. You can add or remove any tracks from this playlist by navigating to the “My Library > Playlists” section of Beatport.com.
It’s easy to create and update your own custom playlists. Follow these steps to get started:
1. Login to Beatport.com.
2. Find a track that you would like to start your playlist with and click the down arrow next to “add”.
3. Click “Create a playlist” to start a new playlist, or “Add to playlist” to add to an existing playlist.
4. For new playlists, enter a name and click “Save”.
5. If adding to an existing playlist, check the box next to each playlist that you want the track added to.
6. You can view your playlists by clicking the “My Library” icon in the top bar, next to your cart.
7. From here, you can edit your playlists by changing their names, or by adding or removing tracks.
8. Once you’ve built your playlist, open Engine OS. Your playlists will appear in the Beatport directory.
For a list of natively supported MIDI controllers, click here.