CDJ-3000 Tutorial | How to Access Beatport Streaming
CDJ-3000 Tutorial | How to Access Beatport StreamingJune 27, 2023
Beatport Streaming is available in the CDJ-3000 from v3.0.
You can log in directly to a CDJ-3000 player and access the full 11m+ Beatport catalog and all your playlists within the CDJ’s onboard interface. You also have the ability to sign in on one CDJ-3000 and play from up to 4 units in the PRO DJ LINK network.
When using multiple CDJ-3000 players, a different DJ can log in to Beatport Streaming on each individual player. Meaning a 4 CDJ-3000 setup could feature up to 4 DJs signed in on their own player, with the ability to access their Beatport Streaming account through the PRO DJ LINK network in any of the connected decks.
The new advancement also coincides with an update to rekordbox from version 6.7.3 onwards, which will now introduce Beatport Streaming as an option in Export Mode.
DJs that use rekordbox to manage their music and have a rekordbox Creative or Professional plan can save their metadata, such as cue points and waveform analysis to the cloud using CloudDirectPlay. They can then access this data within the CDJ-3000 integration on their Beatport Streaming tracks.
For those using the CDJ-3000s without a rekordbox Creative or Professional plan, metadata is automatically stored locally on the USB or SD card they are using to authenticate their Beatport Streaming account.
For a step-by-step guide about rekordbox, click here.
To find out more about the Pioneer DJ CDJ-3000 and the Beatport Streaming integration, click here.
Follow the step-by-step CDJ-3000 Tutorial video below to find out how to log in and access Beatport Streaming in the CDJ-3000.
1. Update your CDJ-3000 to the firmware version 3.0 or later.
2. Connect to the internet via a hardware LAN port only. Supply an internet connection to the LAN-HUB, then connect the LAN-HUB to the CDJ-3000s in the network (PRO DJ LINK).
3. Connect a USB stick (with a minimum of 500mb memory)
4. Press the SOURCE icon in the top left of the screen.
5. Now select Beatport Streaming from the screen when prompted.
6. Press the login button and enter your Beatport Streaming login credentials.
7. That’s it! You now have access to all your playlists and the full Beatport Streaming catalog!
1. Pioneer DJ CDJ-3000 player with firmware version 3.0 or later.
2. Beatport Streaming Advanced or Professional plan.
3. Internet via a hardware LAN port.
4. Optional Extra: A rekordbox Professional or Creative plan (This allows you to sync meta data, such as cue points, back and forth between rekordbox and Beatport Streaming tracks within the CDJ-3000 hardware).
1. Browse tracks via the Top 100, Genre, Curated Playlists or My Playlist tabs on the left-hand side of the screen.
2. To search for a specific track, click the SEARCH tab on the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Now enter your search query and use the CDJ-3000 rotary select dial to load the track.
Beatport has created thousands of custom playlists for you to DJ with. Load any of our playlists into the CDJ-3000 with these simple steps.
1. Go to dj.beatport.com and log in.
2. Go to the Playlists page and click “Save Playlist” on any playlist you would like to add.
3. When you log in on the CDJ-3000, your saved playlists will appear in the Beatport directory under “My Playlist.”
4. You can add or remove any tracks from this playlist by navigating to the “My Library > Playlists” section of Beatport.com.
It’s easy to create and update your own custom playlists. Follow these steps to get started:
1. Login to Beatport.com.
2. Find a track that you would like to start your playlist with and click the down arrow next to “add”.
3. Click “Create a playlist” to start a new playlist, or “Add to playlist” to add to an existing playlist.
4. For new playlists, enter a name and click “Save”.
5. If adding to an existing playlist, check the box next to each playlist that you want the track added to.
6. You can view your playlists by clicking the “My Library” icon in the top bar, next to your cart.
7. From here, you can edit your playlists by changing their names, or by adding or removing tracks.
8. Once you’ve built your playlist, log in via your CDJ-3000. Your playlists will appear in the Beatport directory.