Beatport Celebrates Pride With A Club Called Rhonda, Community Bread,
HE.SHE.THEY and Others
Beatport Celebrates Pride With A Club Called Rhonda, Community Bread, June 17, 2021
HE.SHE.THEY and Others
Beatport is celebrating Pride throughout the month with exclusive programming that highlights more than a dozen LGBTQIA+ artists. While Beatport is an ongoing, year-round, home for diversity and inclusive content, its June schedule brings a more robust selection of offerings that spotlight the community where dance music got its start.
Although most dance music fans still cannot gather at festivals and clubs for more traditional Pride festivities this month, they will have ample opportunity to party with Pride from the comfort of their own homes with virtual DJ sets from LGBTQIA+ artists streamed on Beatport’s Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube channels, as well as through its virtual events partnership with WAVE.
Check out some of the Pride 2021 features, streams, playlists, and highlights we have in store below.
- Tonight, June 17th at 6:30pm PT / 3am CEST, Worthy takes the virtual stage in WAVE for the latest edition of BEYOND, an ongoing immersive and interactive event series. Worthy will be transformed into a digital avatar, performing live in a unique virtual world and interacting with fans in real-time. Watch HERE.
- On June 22 at 9am PT / 6pm CEST, Beatport will host a live Q&A with Brooklyn-based Lauren Flax on the Beatport Instagram.
- On June 24 at 10am PT / 7pm CEST, Beatport will host the Ballantine’s Scotch whisky True Music x NYC collective Community Bread stream featuring sets by Jasmine Infiniti, quest?onmarq, SHYBOI, and The Carry Nation. Arthur Kozlovski, Managing Director of Community Bread will interview The Carry Nation. This stream will be available on Beatport’s Twitch, Facebook and YouTube channels.
- On June 26 beginning at 8am PT / 5pm CEST, Beatport teams up with HE.SHE.THEY, a techno and house record label, fashion label, and ultra-inclusive party, for Pride 2021. The virtual event begins on Saturday, June 26th at 7pm CEST with a brand new introductory discussion with the Co-founder of HE.SHE.THEY, Steven Braines, and various artists. The conversation is followed by a re-stream of seven DJ sets from last year, featuring: CALAGNA, Catz n’ Dogz, Kiddy Smile, Maya Jane Coles, Nina Flowers, SYREETA, and Wax Wings. HE.SHE.THEY Pride 2021 benefits The Trevor Project charity, which provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQIA+ young people. The stream will be available on Beatport’s Twitch and YouTube channels.
- Beatportal will showcase the history and future of LA-based, globally renowned pansexual party crew, A Club Called Rhonda, this month. Additionally, Beatportal’s “On Our Radar” features queer artists Longstocking and Gina Breeze.
- Beatportal’s monthly ‘Introducing’ series will feature Sky Deep, a Berlin-based LGBTQIA+ activist, musican, teacher, producer, and award-winning queer porn director turned dance music phenomenon.
- Established French DJ/producer and Correspondant label boss, Jennifer Cardini, celebrates Pride month and pays homage to the queer roots of dance music with Beatport’s Playlist of the Week. Listen HERE. You can also check out previous Playlists of the Week from ABSOLUTE. HERE and Eli & Fur HERE. Dutch duo, Black Girl/White Girl will round out the month with their playlist.
- Beatport’s Curation team and LGBTQIA+ colleagues have each selected 5-10 tracks from the LGBTQIA+ artist and producer community, this will be compiled into a Pride 2021 playlist featuring 80-100 tracks. In addition, this will be featured in a newsletter going out to LINK customers next Friday, June 25th at 10am CEST. The newsletter will feature 10-12 LINK playlists from the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Fans can also catch a replay of sets from Barcelona-based queer collective and label, MARICAS, that aired on Beatport’s YouTube channel, HERE. Or they can re-watch Beatport’s Instagram Q&A with ABSOLUTE HERE. There is also a Studio Jam spotlight on ALINKA on Beatport’s Instagram HERE.
- Rounding out Pride activities, Beatport will host a live Q&A with Eli & Fur on the Beatport Instagram on July 1st. On July 2nd, Beatport Curator, DJ & Producer, Tom Peters invites Mala Ika for the weekly Curation stream. Mala was born and raised in Guadeloupe and will play a special mix of Indie Disco and Italo Disco.