Remix DJ Harvey’s “Berghain” and You Could Win Big
Remix DJ Harvey’s “Berghain” and You Could Win BigAugust 13, 2020
The producer who submits the best remix of DJ Harvey’s track, “Berghain,” will win a custom prize package (worth approx. $4,000) and a worldwide release on Beatport as part of a forthcoming Locussolus remix EP on Harvey’s General Store.
Following the success of our Beatport Producer Challenge, which received over 4,000 track submissions and handed out over $100,000 in software subscriptions, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of a brand new music production competition with a true original of dance music, DJ Harvey.
Released in 2011 via International Feel Recordings, DJ Harvey Presents Locussolus is Harvey’s celebrated full-length album. It’s stood the test of time as one of those rare dance LPs with something for everyone — from dark techno bangers to groovy disco to super psychedelic downtempo excursions. But until now, the only way you could hear this album in its entirety was by buying a second-hand vinyl copy, making it difficult to access for many fans.
“We just kept being made aware that a lot of people hadn’t heard of or heard the album in recent times (it’s been unavailable for sale anywhere for a number of years),” DJ Harvey said about the decision to reissue the album digitally. “With the inclusion of Kiwi’s previously unreleased remix of “Next To You” on the recent [Care4Life] NHS compilation, I started to find these “Oh, I wonder what this track was” comments online about it. It reaffirmed the fact that a fresh generation had missed it, so we thought, why not.”
This 22-track expanded version of Locussolus has been remastered for this epic digital reissue. The release includes the previously vinyl-only Andrew Weatherall dub of “Gunship”, Emperor Machine’s Special Full-Length Version of “Little Boots,” and much more. Find it on Beatport here.
But DJ Harvey is also releasing the stems to “Berghain” — an 11-minute ode to the world-famous Berlin club — for a once-in-a-lifetime remix opportunity. The winner’s track will be included on a forthcoming Locussolus remix package alongside new remixes from London’s Kiwi, LA’s Lovefingers, Bears in Space, and Warehouse Preservation Society.
Instructions on how to enter: DJ Harvey Remix Competition
- Go to the DJ Harvey Remix Competition landing site (here)
- Follow the page to log into your Loopcloud account (those without an account can sign up for free)
- Download the Loopcloud app
- Find the stems and start working! (Having trouble finding them? Click here)
- Download Plugin Boutique’s complimentary iZotope Neutron 3 Elements software to help you with your mixing (optional, but highly recommended)
The deadline for this competition is September 2nd, 2020, at Midnight Pacific Time.
The winner shall also receive a prize package worth close to $4,000 that’s filled with fantastic music production prizes, courtesy of our sponsors, and gear partners: Moog, Plugin Boutique, iZotope, Loopcloud, Genelec, and Harvey’s General Store.
Check out the list of prizes below.
- Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother)
- Pair of Genelec 8020D Studio Monitors
- 1 Year of Beatport LINK PRO +
- Release on Harvey’s General Store
- Harvey’s General Store Gift Pack
- Loopcloud Pro Subscription
- $100 Beatport Download Credits
- iZotope Music Production Suite 3
- Loopmasters Bass Master
- Loopmasters KHORDS
- Plugin Boutique Scaler 2
- Plugin Boutique CarbonElectra
- Plugin Boutique Virtual CZ
- Plugin Boutique BigKick
- Plugin Boutique StereoSavage
- Plugin Boutique Radio