Remix DJ Harvey’s “Berghain” and You Could Win Big
Following the success of our Beatport Producer Challenge, which received over 4,000 track submissions and handed out over $100,000 in software subscriptions, we’re thrilled to announce the launch of a brand new music production competition with a true original of dance music, DJ Harvey.
Released in 2011 via International Feel Recordings, DJ Harvey Presents Locussolus is Harvey’s celebrated full-length album. It’s stood the test of time as one of those rare dance LPs with something for everyone — from dark techno bangers to groovy disco to super psychedelic downtempo excursions. But until now, the only way you could hear this album in its entirety was by buying a second-hand vinyl copy, making it difficult to access for many fans.
“We just kept being made aware that a lot of people hadn’t heard of or heard the album in recent times (it’s been unavailable for sale anywhere for a number of years),” DJ Harvey said about the decision to reissue the album digitally. “With the inclusion of Kiwi’s previously unreleased remix of “Next To You” on the recent [Care4Life] NHS compilation, I started to find these “Oh, I wonder what this track was” comments online about it. It reaffirmed the fact that a fresh generation had missed it, so we thought, why not.”
This 22-track expanded version of Locussolus has been remastered for this epic digital reissue. The release includes the previously vinyl-only Andrew Weatherall dub of “Gunship”, Emperor Machine’s Special Full-Length Version of “Little Boots,” and much more. Find it on Beatport here.
But DJ Harvey is also releasing the stems to “Berghain” — an 11-minute ode to the world-famous Berlin club — for a once-in-a-lifetime remix opportunity. The winner’s track will be included on a forthcoming Locussolus remix package alongside new remixes from London’s Kiwi, LA’s Lovefingers, Bears in Space, and Warehouse Preservation Society.
- Go to the DJ Harvey Remix Competition landing site (here)
- Follow the page to log into your Loopcloud account (those without an account can sign up for free)
- Download the Loopcloud app
- Find the stems and start working! (Having trouble finding them? Click here)
- Download Plugin Boutique’s complimentary iZotope Neutron 3 Elements software to help you with your mixing (optional, but highly recommended)
The deadline for this competition is September 2nd, 2020, at Midnight Pacific Time.
The winner shall also receive a prize package worth close to $4,000 that’s filled with fantastic music production prizes, courtesy of our sponsors, and gear partners: Moog, Plugin Boutique, iZotope, Loopcloud, Genelec, and Harvey’s General Store.
Check out the list of prizes below.
- Moog DFAM (Drummer From Another Mother)
- Pair of Genelec 8020D Studio Monitors
- 1 Year of Beatport LINK PRO +
- Release on Harvey’s General Store
- Harvey’s General Store Gift Pack
- Loopcloud Pro Subscription
- $100 Beatport Download Credits
- iZotope Music Production Suite 3
- Loopmasters Bass Master
- Loopmasters KHORDS
- Plugin Boutique Scaler 2
- Plugin Boutique CarbonElectra
- Plugin Boutique Virtual CZ
- Plugin Boutique BigKick
- Plugin Boutique StereoSavage
- Plugin Boutique Radio